Vivaldi Themes crosses the 3000 mark
Vivaldi Themes just crossed another significant milestone, and we can’t stop shouting about it. Read on to learn more, and share your themes on Vivaldi Social, our Mastodon instance.
3000 Themes and counting!
With more than 3000 themes published, our Themes Gallery is buzzing with creativity. So many of you have taken the opportunity to get inspired by others or to share your own unique creations with friends or the entire Vivaldi community.
Sharing milestones with our community is something that we’ve always loved. And the credit for this one goes to you! Without you sharing and using themes in the Themes Gallery, Vivaldi would be a much blander place.
What are Vivaldi Themes?
Adding a terrific theme is a great way to boost your overall browsing experience. Picking a theme that fits your personality, mood, or interest is yet another way to make Vivaldi truly yours.
You can choose from built-in theme options, which control the colors used in the UI, as well as background images, corner rounding, and more, to give your browser a totally custom look and feel. Beyond the built-in options, you have the Themes Gallery where you can browse thousands of custom themes created by your peers – the Vivaldi community.
Furthermore, you can create your own themes right in Vivaldi, using a simple editor. Just change the colors, add a custom background, tweak the settings, and you have yourself a custom theme. You can either build something from scratch, or you can take a theme that is almost right for you and edit it to get just what you want.
Once you’re familiar with Vivaldi Themes, follow these easy steps for theme sharing:
- Go to Settings > Themes > Library and select the theme you want to share.
- Click on Export Theme below the themes.
- Save the ZIP file to your computer.
- Go to Vivaldi Themes at https://themes.vivaldi.net.
- Log in to your Vivaldi account.
- Click Upload in the top right corner of the page.
- Fill in the details about the theme (in English) and upload the ZIP file.
- When you’re ready, click Create theme.
- Once you’ve submitted your theme, we’ll review your theme. You will be notified once we publish it (or if, for some reason, the theme was not accepted).
- Share your creative themes on Vivaldi Social.
- These days you have a number of options when choosing to go “Social”. You don’t have to be limited to Twitter or other corporate-driven social media networks. We believe in choice and do what we can to provide you with good alternatives.
So, recently, we launched Vivaldi Social, our Mastodon instance – an open discussion hub supporting federated social media for members of the Vivaldi Community & beyond.
Even before the latest Twitter drama, the internet has been full of fun images, GIFs, and memes. Definitely, it adds more color and life to the mix! But, as we always say with Vivaldi – you can go further. Even go wild!
So, if you enjoy working with Vivaldi Themes, how about sharing your published themes also on Vivaldi Social. Join in here http://social.vivaldi.net.
Use the hashtag #VivaldiThemes, to make them easier for people to find. We would love to see them!
Let’s get a colorful theme riot going at Vivaldi Social. 🎉