How to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock?
Bought a second-hand iPhone or forgotten your activation lock credentials and are now stuck at the activation lock? If Yes, bypass the activation lock via iCloud. Also, go through this whole guide to know how to bypass iCloud activation lock using other methods.
Well, bypassing the iCloud activation lock is neither easy nor a necessity unless you bought a second-hand set. So, in case you are in such a scenario where activation lock bypass is necessary then keep reading the article.
To bypass the iCloud Activation Lock, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can remove 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Touch ID, Face ID quite easily. Now bypass iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch locked screen in just 3 easy steps:
- Download this iPhone Lock Screen Removal tool (for PC only, for Mac) rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- Launch the program, connect the device and click Start to unlock iOS screen.
- Click Start Remove to remove iPhone passcode.
What is iCloud Activation Lock?
The iCloud Activation Lock is an Apple-designed security feature that protects your device from being reset and keeps your data secured from others in case of stolen or lost. With this feature enabled, you can lock your iPhone remotely using iCloud.
With this, you can also track your phone and recover it if lost or stolen. Also, you can erase all data remotely thereby protecting your pictures, messages, and important documents saved to iCloud from being disclosed to others. You can find the Activation Lock feature under the Find My app that combines both Find My iPhone and Find My Friends.
Why Is There a Need to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock?
Now, let’s just understand why there is a need to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock. Bypassing activation lock is needed at the time of reset. Check the below-highlighted reasons for bypassing the activation lock:
- In case forgot your iPhone passcode.
- If stolen, required by thieves to access your device.
- In case lost, required by the person who found it to know your contact details in order to return it.
- If you bought a second-hand iPhone.
- When the device is provided to employees at the workspace and the employee leaves the company. So, it is necessary to bypass the activation lock to reset the device before being provided to another employee.
How to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock?
Here, we have discussed below the different ways of bypassing the iCloud activation lock both with and without credentials:
Bypass iCloud Activation lock with Credentials
Method 1: Bypass with Passcode
If you know the owner’s passcode, bypassing the activation lock on iPhone becomes an easier task. You just need to follow the below simple steps to do so:
- Switch on your iPhone.
- Next, click the option Unlock with Passcode on the Activation screen.
- Now, enter the owner’s passcode.
- Once entered, the owner will receive a two-factor authentication code, enter that code and bypass the activation lock.
- When bypassed, visit iPhone Settings and select the current iCloud account and sign out.
Method 2: Bypassing Activation Lock Via iCloud
Another method you can apply to bypass the activation lock is via iCloud. If you know the owner’s iCloud credentials then you can easily be able to bypass the activation lock on your iPhone. But ensure that Find my iPhone feature is enabled on your locked device. Follow the easy steps below to do so:
- Visit iCloud.com and sign in using the owner’s credentials of the locked iPhone.
- Next, go for the Find iPhone app icon and select it.
- Once opened, select the option All Devices and select the model and name of the locked device that you want to bypass.
- Click on the Actions option at the bottom of the screen and click Erase iPhone button.
- Now, confirm erasing and enter the owner’s iCloud credentials once again.
- Next, tap the Remove from Account option.
- Once done, the activation lock is easily bypassed.
Bypass iCloud Activation lock without Credentials
Method 1: Use Tool to Remove the Activation Lock
You can use iPhone Unlock Tool software to easily bypass iCloud activation lock without password. You need to download and install the software first on Windows PC. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to use it to remove the Activation lock.
Method 2: Use DNS Method to Bypass Activation Lock
This method generally uses HTML or an online server to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock from the iPhone. Most of the users managed to remove the activation lock using this method. So, it is worth giving a try.
But remember this method only works on the latest iOS versions such as iOS 10 or later.
- Switch on your iPhone.
- Follow the instructions to set up the device and select Choose Wi-Fi network.
- Now, tap on More Wi-Fi Settings and then click the “i” icon beside the Wi-Fi network.
- Click on Configure DNS and choose the option Manual.
- Tap on +Add Server and enter the server address as per your location.
Africa, Australia, and other locations: 184.108.40.206
- Now, click on Save and press the back option to select Ask to Join Networks.
- If required, enter the password for the network and click on
- Press the Back button when iPhone tries to activate and continue to set up your iPhone normally.
Method 3: Ask Apple to Remove iPhone Activation Lock
If none of the above methods works for you, it is suggested to ask Apple for final help to remove the Activation lock from the device. But this can only be possible when you provide them with proof of purchase or inheritance of the device. The proof must have your name and the device’s serial number mentioned on it.
If you have all the above-mentioned documents, visit Apple’s official website and send an email or call the Apple support team requesting to remove the Activation Lock from the device.
Tips to Avoid Activation Lock when Purchasing a Second-Hand iPhone
- Buy from authorized resellers. Also, get a purchase proof with your name and the device’s serial number mentioned on it.
- Ensure to have the current and correct contact details of the previous owner.
- Make sure to get your iPhone logged out from the previous owner’s iCloud account before purchasing.
Frequently Asked Questions for Activation Lock
Can jailbreaking iPhone bypass activation lock?
No, jailbreaking cannot bypass the activation lock on your iDevice. Jailbreaking is only a method for bypassing the limitations set by the Apple manufacturer on iPhone. Jailbreaking removes the software restriction on your iDevice. It directly cannot bypass the activation lock but is a necessary prerequisite to remove the activation lock successfully.
How to remove the previous owner’s Apple ID from iPhone?
In case you bought a second-hand iPhone and are stuck with the Activation lock, go for the following steps to remove the previous owner’s iCloud account from the device. For this, you must have the previous owner’s iCloud credentials.
- Sign in to iCloud.com with the previous owner’s credentials.
- Go for the Find My iPhone icon.
- Select All Devices at the top.
- Now, choose the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
- Then, tap on Remove from Account.
Well, bypassing isn’t necessary unless and until you buy a second-hand iPhone or forgot your passcode. However, if bypassing is a necessity in your case and you want to know how to bypass iCloud activation lock, we have mentioned some of the working methods that you can use to bypass the Activation lock on your iPhone.
I hope, the methods worked well and helped you remove the Activation Lock without any difficulties. In case of any queries or doubts, feel free to comment us on our Twitter or Facebook page.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.