Garmin Forerunner 265 vs Forerunner 255 Specification – FR265 Features Revealed
Following on from the latest Garmin Forerunner 965 specification leak. The same retailer also listed the Garmin Forerunner 265. That product page has been taken down, but again, it is still cached with Google.
There is also a grainy low res picture that appears to be a screenshot from a PDF.
There is no guarantee that this product listing is genuine, but it seems quite likely that it is.
Garmin Forerunner 265 vs Forerunner 255 Display
|Forerunner 265||46 mm||1.3″||320||416 x 416|
|Forerunner 265S||42 mm||1.1″||320||351 x 351|
|Forerunner 255||46mm||1.3″||283||260 x 260|
|Forerunner 265S||41mm||1.1″||280||218 x 218|
Just like the FR965, the main change that the Forerunner 265 has is the AMOLED display.
Garmin Forerunner 265 New Features vs FR255
The Garmin Forerunner 265 also appears to have some new features that the FR255 lacks, including:
- Training Readiness – A lot of Garmin users were annoyed that this was not on the FR255 and it could be why it is included now. I assume it was left off the FR255 to make the FR955 look more appealing.
- Wrist-based running dynamics – OK this isn’t technically new. In October 2022, it was confirmed that wrist-based running power was coming to the Garmin Fenix 7/Epix and would be trickled down to the FR255/955
Garmin Forerunner 265 vs Forerunner 255 Battery
|Garmin||Smartwatch Mode||GPS Only|
|Forerunner 265||13 Days||20 Hours|
|Forerunner 265S||15 Days||24 Hours|
|Forerunner 255||14 Days||30 Hours|
|Forerunner 255S||12 Days||26 Hours|
The battery specification is a little odd, at first, I thought the product page might have got the numbers the wrong way around. With the MIPS-equipped Garmin watches, you normally see the battery go up the larger the watch. However, with AMOLED, I assume the display is more demanding than any increase in battery size the larger model gets. Either way, performance is still good in comparison to the older Forerunner 255. Of course, the battery performance will drop a lot with always on enabled.
Garmin Forerunner 265 Features
The below information is copied from the cached page of the retailer’s website. With the Garmin Forerunner 965, there were quite a few significant spelling and grammar errors that indicated that the content was not copied from official marketing material. The content for the FR265 doesn’t seem as bad.
- NEW AMOLED Display & Updated Design: Brilliant touchscreen display with traditional button controls. Choose from a 46mm or 42mm case size along with several dual-colour band options.
- NEW Training Readiness: Better determine if you’re primed to get the most out of your workout with a score based on sleep quality, sleep history, recovery time, acute training load, HRV status and stress history.
- NEW Wrist-Based Running Dynamics: Receive advanced running dynamics, including running power, ground contact time balance, stride length and more. Use a compatible HRM or pod (sold separately) for even more accurate data.
- Battery Life: Get up to 13 days in Smartwatch Mode (265S: up to 15 days), & up to 20 hours in GPS-Only mode (265S: up to 24 hours).
- More Informed Training: Receive guidance from features like Morning Report, Training Status, Acute Load, Garmin Coach and more, to monitor the progress of your performance and remain in tune with your body.
- Multi-Band GPS: Access multiple global satellite systems with SatlQ™ technology, providing superior positioning accuracy in challenging environments while also optimizing battery life.
- Garmin Pay™ Contactless Payments: Leave your cash & cards at home and make checkout lines a breeze with Garmin Pay™ contactless payments with participating providers.
- Music on the Go: Download hours of music, with 8 GB of internal memory, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer (subscription may be required), and connect with your wireless headphones for phone-free listening.