8 Ways to Fix 360 Degree Video Not Working Android
360-degree videos are the most popular ones among users as they can enjoy the videos from every direction with a simple drag. No matter whatever is the device (Android, iPhone, or PC) you can enjoy a 360-degree rotation view experience. But what if while playing 360- degree video on your Android phone, it won’t work? Well, if you are dealing with 360-degree video not working android, we suggest you use a stable internet connection, restart your device, or calibrate Gyroscope on your Android phone to fix the issue.
360 video gives immense experience to viewers. But at the same time, it becomes a very irritating and annoying situation when it won’t work. Therefore, we have come up with this article that covers the problem’s solutions in detail to help those users who are dealing with this problem.
To fix several Android related issues, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can fix Android issues such as boot loop, black screen, bricked Android, etc. in no time. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Download this Android System Repair tool (for PC only) rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- Launch the program and select brand, name, model, country/region, and carrier & click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions & wait for repair process to complete.
How to Fix 360-Degree Video Not Working Android?
Below are some of the listed solutions to fix 360 videos not working issue. So, try the mentioned solutions as instructed to get you off this problematic situation and watch the 360 videos without a problem.
Solution 1: Check Internet Connection on Your Android Phone
If you are watching 360 videos online and it is not working, the major cause of such an issue will be a weak or unstable internet connection. Therefore, before going for any technical troubleshooting, we suggest you start with a basic solution which is checking your internet connection on your phone.
You can visit SpeedTest to check your mobile internet speed. If found an interrupted connection, try stabilizing by switching to the Wi-Fi or vice versa.
Solution 2: Reboot Your Device
Another problem causing reason is your device’s internal issues. If your device is currently having any glitches or problems, you might find difficulty playing 360-degree videos. So, here we suggest you reboot your device once to resolve the temporary issues prevailing on the phone.
- Long hold the Power button on your phone.
- Next, select the Restart option.
- Now, wait for your device to reboot.
Once restarted launch the video freshly and see if the problem is fixed.
Solution 3: Check for Video Player Compatibility
At times, it is possible that the video player that you are using to play 360-degree video is incompatible or doesn’t support 360 videos. Therefore, check for player compatibility by switching to another video player.
Solution 4: Check for Gyroscope Sensor
In case you are facing trouble playing 360 video on Android, it might be because your device doesn’t have access to the Gyroscope sensor. It is a function used to maintain & measure the angular velocity and orientation of an object in a video. This enables you to watch the videos from any angular direction.
Therefore, you must ensure that the Android phone you are using has a Gyroscope sensor. You can check the sensor through certain apps such as CPU-Z. Also, if you have a sensor, you must ensure that it should be calibrated in order to view the 360 videos smoothly on an Android phone.
For this, you need to follow the below-instructed steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your phone.
- Then, go to the Accessibility section.
- Next, select the Gyroscope calibration option to calibrate Gyroscope.
- Now, exit the Settings screen and try playing 360 video to check if it’s working fine or not.
Solution 5: Force Stop the Video App
If you are playing the video on a certain app such as YouTube and facing 360 videos not working problem, it might be because of the app glitch or bug. So, here, you need to force-stop the app and then re-launch it to fix 360-degree video not working on YouTube.
Follow the below steps to force stop the app:
- Go to the YouTube app icon on your Android’s Home screen.
- Long press the icon and select the App info option.
- Next, click on the Force stop.
- Tap the Force stop option again to close YouTube.
- Now, visit the YouTube app icon again and double-tap to launch it again.
Also Read: Fix Can’t Play Video Error On Android
Solution 6: Clear the Video App Cache
Sometimes, an overloaded video app cache can trouble you with such a problem. So, if you can’t play the 360 videos on a certain app, try clearing the app cache. This will clear the overload on the app and will help the video to play smoothly without issue. Follow the instructions below to clear the YouTube app cache:
- Go to Settings on your Android phone.
- Next, select Apps or Application Manager.
- Then, on the App list, navigate to YouTube and select it.
- Select the Storage option and then click on Clear Data & Clear Cache options.
Also Read: Video codec Not Supported Android Error
Solution 7: Re-Download the Video
At times, it’s possible that the 360-degree video you are trying to play is corrupted. Therefore, if none of the above solutions worked, we suggest you re-download the video from a reliable source.
Doing this will most probably resolve your problem and you’ll be able to view 360-degree videos without any issues.
And if in case it doesn’t fix the problem, we suggest you use our professional and reliable Video Repair Tool to repair the corrupted or damaged video files. The software has the capability to fix any choppy, frozen, flickered, blurry, jerky, etc videos with just one simple click. Also, it can effectively repair MOV, MP4, M4V, F4V, AVI, MKV, and other video file formats.
The software is easy to use and doesn’t require any technical knowledge. You just have to download the software on your system and follow the on-screen instructions to use it.
Solution 8: Update Android Firmware
Lastly, if any of the above solutions worked in your case, try updating your Android firmware. As using an outdated software version can cause various issues on your phone and 360 degree video not working Android is one of them.
Here are the simple steps to do so:
- Connect your phone to the internet and visit Settings.
- Next, scroll down and select the System Update option.
- On the next screen, you’ll find the latest available version.
- If any are found, click on the Download Now button to install the latest version.
- Now, wait until the latest update installs.
Once done, try playing the 360-degree video to check if the problem is solved.
How To Play 360-Degree Video on VLC?
If you want to watch 360 videos on VLC application, you need to follow the steps below:
- Launch the VLC Media Player on your phone.
- Next, select the Media option.
- Then, go to the Open File and navigate to the video directory and open it.
- Now, open the video file.
- After opening the file, drag the screen left or right to change the video direction.
FAQs Related to 360-Degree Video Not Working
1. How to play 360-degree video on Android?
To play 360 video on Android, follow the below instructions as guided:
- Launch the YouTube app on your Android phone.
- Next, look for any VR video or go to the YouTube VR channel.
- Select the VR video and tap the Play button.
2. Why are the 360 videos not working on my Android phone?
If you are trying to play 360 video on your Android phone and it’s not working, the major cause will be the missing Gyroscope. So first, ensure that the Android phone you are using must have a Gyroscope sensor. And if you have the sensor, try calibrating it to play the 360 videos on your Android device without a problem.
3. How to fix 360 video not working on computer?
In order to fix 360 video not working on a computer, you need to:
- Clear browser history
- Check browser compatibility
- Run Windows Hardware Acceleration
- Re-download the video from the reliable source.
- Update the browser
- Use the latest Graphics driver
I hope, the mentioned solutions helped and worked for you to fix the 360-degree video not working android problem.
In case you have any further doubts or queries related to any solution or article, feel free to ask us on Twitter or Facebook.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.